We have made some rule modifications this season:
Year 3 & 4 (we are hoping to make this year level more fast moving by reducing the number of catches):
Year 3 & 4 team will now have only 2 contacts to return the ball over the net. 1 catch and 1 hit (it must be in that order).
The same player cannot make both contacts.
Year 3 & 4 teams will rotate at the completion of every rally.
The service is made by the team who won the previous point. The server must be more than 1 metre from the net.
Year 7 & 8:
This grade will now not be allowed to catch and throw.
They will still play 4-a-side on a Badminton Court
Year 5 & 6
· Three hits per team. The ideal sequence is…………Pass Set Spike
· The ball can be played with ANY part of the body
· If a player catches and throws they must remain stationary during the action.
· Players may not touch the net
· Players rotate in a clockwise direction
· A team rotates when the serve has been won off the opposition team.
· After 5 serves in a row from 1 team that team must rotate
· A point is scored every rally
· The score is not as important as the enjoyment of the kids!